Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Birthday Cake

Still making birthday cards this one uses a "single" stamp set.

  • The card base is Coastal Cabana CS.
  • I used Melon Mambo, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry Markers to color the stamp, I then stamped it on a piece of Whisper White CS. I used the Labels Collection Framelits to cut it out as well as cutting a piece of Melon Mambo CS a size larger. I sponged Bermuda Bay around the edges of the Whisper White CS before layering it onto the Melon Mambo and adding it to the base.
  • On a scrap of Whisper White CS I stamped the phrase from A Dozen Thoughts with Bermuda Bay Ink. I used a Apothecary Accents Framelit to cut it out using the magnetic base it was easy to move the framelit  to make it smaller so that it would fit inside one that was cut from Melon Mambo. I sponged the edges of the Whisper White with Coastal Cabana Ink.
One more card to add to my rack.

I thought I'd share how I store my Bakers Twine.
I don't like the bend that the cardboard leaves in the Bakers Twine so I save the empty spools from work and wrap the twine around them. I punch a circle from matching CS and adhere it to the ends. These fir over a peg on my peg board. I have been able to do all of my Bakers Twine as well as giving them to my customers so that they can do theirs.

Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. This is really cute, Kathy! I love the multi color cake. I so need to get that stamp!

    Kristie
    http://mypaperlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card Kath !! Love the way to store the twine !! Clever !! hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on vacation and am just starting to catch up with blogs so I missed this. I love the twine storage and was going to "beg" for spools - or at least inquire what came on them originally - but then I realized I could substitute empty tp rolls - way less cool but that would take that unforutunate bend mark out. Great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete