Sunday, February 3, 2013

Artisan Embellishment Kit

Besides working my Stampin' UP! business I work part time for another great company called A Dezign, doing logo embroidery. I really enjoy working with the people I do.

This past week my bosses daughter needed a large heart cut so while they cut one for her they also cut one for each of us women that work there. I decorated my heart and then yesterday one of my coworkers caame over and I helped her with hers so here they are...



  • I covered the wood with DSP from the More Amore it was after it was glued down I realized I should have put the seam at the top of the heart not near the bottom my embellishments had to be placed lower to cover it



  • I used the Artisan Embellishment Kit as well as the dollies from Tea Lace Paper Dollies, both in the Spring Catalog and Vintage Faceted  Designer Button, main catalog as well as Sale a bration, and the Pool Party button and ribbon from Sycamore Street bundle, Sale a bration and leaves from the Bird punch and heart from More Amore Specialty DSP.

Learning from my mistakes when my friend Mindy came over yesterday we made sure the the seam on her paper was near the top on the bottom.

  • We used DSP from More Amore.

  • .We used Items from the Artisan Embellishment Kit, More Amore DSP, Antique Brad, Large Pearls, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, and Brights Button Collection.
  • The paper roses were made from Cherry Cobbler CS, Primrose Petals CS and Very Vanilla CS sponged with Rose Red. The smaller roses were made from the Fancy Flower punch and the larger one is made using the two larger Scallop punches ans the Owl Builder punch.
  • The roses were painted with Crystal Effects to make the sturdier as well as shinny.
  • The leaves were hand cut from Lucky Limeade and ran through a crimper before being painted.
  • We lightly sponged the dollie with Crumb Cake Ink so the it wasn't so stark white against the Vanilla of the DSP.
So these are our finished hearts.

4 comments:

  1. Kath, your hearts look gorgeous. Those flowers are amazing & so lifelike. TFS the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I haven't been able to use my Artisan Embellishment kit yet. I love it so much, I don't want to use it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both very pretty! The kit is so much fun, I'm going to need another one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete