Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just Believe

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Weekend!  This is going to be a crazy busy week for me, starting on Friday I will be starting another summer of work at a Boy Scout Camp. I finish my last class before summer today.
Some how I missed posting the card we made in Mays Hostess Club. The technique we did was Faux Tile also called Grid Technique.

  • Card base is Naturals White with a Front of Daffodil Delight that was ran through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
  • here is a link to the tutorial , After scoring a piece of Very Vanilla CS we colored the stamp from Just Believe with markers and stamped it over the grid. We layered it onto a piece of Lucky Limeade then knotted a piece of Daffodil Delight Seam Binding(new in the catalog that starts June 1st) around it and layered it onto a piece of More Mustard. The matted image was added to the card front.
  • The phrase is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and was stamped in Lucky Limeade onto Very Vanilla and punched with the Word Window Punch. it was layered onto a piece of Lucky Limeade punced with the Modern Label Punch. We punched and added two circles behind the phrase, a 1 1/4" More Mustard and a 1 3/8" Old Olive. This was added to the card base last.
We will be starting a new Hostess Club in September and have room for more so if you are interested in joining let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Got here from Stampin' Connection :-) Lovely samples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is so pretty and I really like how you scored across the image. Love all that yellow too. Very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. I am going to have to try this. I came over from SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card as well as the color combinations you used. I might have to "borrow" your idea for one of my card clubs. Thanks for sharing your card; it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete