Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cute As A Bug!

It has been fun pulling out retired sets and using them again, as a demonstrator it seems that we spend so much time planning for events(ans that requires current sets) that often sets that we loved sit unused.  I am lucky two of my neighbors as well as good friends have been customers of SU for almost as long as I have.  I borrowed sets from them as I was making cards to fill my order for our local store that is carrying my cards.  This Valentine uses the set Cute as a Bug.

  • The card base is Real Red.
  • I cut a piece of Regal Rose with the Label Framelit and then ran it through the Big Shot again with the Starburst embossing folder. I cut a piece of Glittery retired DSP with a smaller Framelit and with the next size smaller I cut a piece of Very Vanilla CS.
  • With Stazon I stamped the Spider on the piece of Very Vanilla CS, underneath it I stamped "Be Mine" in Real Red.  
  • I added a small black heart from the Fashionable Hearts Embosslit, then I added a small heart punched from the Silver Glitter paper, to make it pink I actually sponged Cherry Cobber on it.
Framelits and Embossing Folders add so much to a simple card.

1 comment: