Monday, October 17, 2011

Autumn Days

My daughter's wedding is fast approaching and there is still so much to do!  I have had very little time to keep up with my blog.  In less then three weeks she will be married!
I tried to make an Autumn card, I even pulled out my only autumn stamp set, Autumn Days, it ended up Christmas instead.
  • The card base is Very Vanilla
  • I used a 2 1/2" circle for my image and a 1 3/8" one for the phrase cut from Very Vanilla.
  • I used markers to color the image on the stamp and stamped it in the center of the circle, I colored it again and stamped it onto a scrap and then cut the pine cones out and layered them over the first image with Dimensionals. I used Garden Green and Real Red to color the two words and stamped it in the center of the smaller circle.
  • I used a 3" and 1 3/4" circles cut from Garden Green and run through the Big Shot with the new Snow Burst folder. I layered my image and phrase onto the circles.
  • I cut a strip of DSP from the Holly Berry Bouquet collection, layered it onto Chocolate Chip CS.
  • I ran a square of Real Red through the Big Shot in the Petals-a-plenty folder.
  • I layered the square on the base then the DSP, then the circles.
  • After I put it together I decided that the branch needed a bow so I added a 1/8" taffeta bow in real red. I added a little bit of Dazzling Details to the pine cones to give them a little sparkle.

2 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! Love the design you used on this too. Wonderful card for fall.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this card, Kath, it's striking - great layout and textures

    ReplyDelete