Friday, May 27, 2011
It is Wedding season and these are my first wedding gifts. The first picture is the rose I used instead of a bow:
- I used Very Vanilla CS for the rose, I sprayed the CS with Champagne Shimmer Paint spray and after punching the ornaments out I sponged the edges with Soft Suede and then resprayed them.
- The leaves are Ornaments punched from Old Olive and then folded in half and then ran it through the crimper.
- The package is tied with gold netting and the rose was then added.
- Card base is Very Vanilla with a 4" x 5 1/8" Soft Suede CS sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Paint spray.
- I sprayed a 3 3/4" x 5" Very Vanilla CS Champagne Shimmer Paint spray. I ran it through the Big Shot with the Elegant Line folder. I then added it to the card front.
- I stamped the phrase from Occasional Quotes in Soft Suede onto the front of the card.
- I added all three sizes of Pearl Jewels to the Elegant Lines.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
I CASEd Lisa Young http://addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/2011/02/control-freaks-blog-tour-birthday-theme.html These will be for my Granddaughters Birthday party this year. Instead of Happy Birthday it will say You are invited.
- 1st picture the colors are Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, and Pacific Point. The DSP is from Blueberry Crisp and Patterns DSP paper stack- Brights
- 2nd picture the colors are Melon Mamba, Pacific Point and Chocolate Chip. The DSP is from Blueberry Crisp and Patterns DSP paper stack- Brights
- The card and treat box instructions are in the above link
- The little game is made with the Treat Cups and BB's (stole them from my son) The monkey was stamped onto Whisper White that I punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I also punched 2 more circles and layered all three on top of each other. I then punched 4 holes with the crop a dile into the circle. This was then layered onto the largest Circle punch. The BB's were place in each hole and the Treat Cup was added over it. A 1 3/4" circle was punch into CS with the large Scallop Circle punched around it. This covered up the edges of the Treat Cup.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
These roses are made from card stock and the owl punch, the scallop circle punch or the Fancy Flower punch. The roses have a coating or two of Crystal Effects.
The two roses that you can see on the box are the Fancy Flower Roses(the one in the back is the owl rose)
Instructions for the Fancy Flower rose is here:
The red rose is made with the owl punch and the scallop punch. I added a brooch pin to the back of it.
The owl rose is here
The Roses are fun to make, so I hope you take the time to try them.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
She CASEd this card
This card can be made at the 2nd and 4th Tuesday Open stamping.
- The card base is Whisper White with a 4" x 5 1/4" Pretty in Pink front and then a background layer.
- For my background paper I used glossy White and with crumpled plastic wrap I dabbed both Frost and Champagne Shimmer paint on it.
- The bells are Round Tab punch, punched from the Glossy White, Brushed Silver and Pretty in Pink and layered with the pearl jewels added for decoration.
- I ran Pretty in Pink through the Big Shot with the sizzlit Swirls and Scribbles the bells were added on top of these. I bow of the Organza ribbon was added to the top of the bells.
- Mr. and Mrs. is from All Holidays and was stamped on the Glossy White with Basic Gray and punched out with the smallest oval punch it was layered onto a Pretty in Pink label that is on the Match Box die.
Have a wonderful stamping day!
Sunday, May 15, 2011
- The card base is Pear Pizzazz with a front of Rich Razzleberry that was run through the big shot with the Vintage Wallpaper folder.
- The image from the Pretty Postage is of raspberries, I colored the stamp with the Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzleberry markers and stamped it onto Whisper White and punched it out with the new Postage Stamp punch.
- The image was layered onto a piece of Rich Razzleberry punched with the Square Scallop. It was then layered onto Basic Black that was ran through the Big Shot with Scallop Rectangle Clearlit with a narrow Taffeta ribbon in Rich Razzleberry tied around it.
- The layered image was added to a square of Pear Pizzazz that was ran through the Big Shot with the Finial Press folder then was layered onto a piece of Basic Black.
- The square was added to the card front.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
- The card base is Not Quite Navy with a front of DSP Nautical Expedition(also in the Summer Mini).
- For the image I used Whisper White. I inked up Block size D with Marina Mist ink and pressed the block to the paper. I inked up the boat in Not Quite Navy and stamped it in the block outline. The image was layered onto Cherry Cobbler CS and added to the front.
- The Happy Birthday is from Create a Cupcake(here's hoping it is in the New catalog) stamped on Whisper White with NQN, punched with the Word Window and layered onto a Cherry Cobbler Modern Label, then it was popped up with Dimensionals and added to the front.
I'm hoping you all find time to stamp something today. . .
Sunday, May 8, 2011
So for the first two cards:
- The bases of the cards are Confetti White, layered with Bravo Burgundy, then Confetti White, then Blushing Bride from the Level one hostess gifts.
- Card #1 two of the images from Fifth Avenue Floral was stamped on Confetti White using Cherry Cobbler and Pretty in Pink in the lower right corner.
- Wonderful Mother from the retired set (I used this set even tho it is retired, since I was doing the class with kids that were not going to be ordering I felt safe using it) Well Scripted was stamped on Confetti White with Rose Red, then punched with the Wide Oval punch, layered onto a Bravo Burgundy frame cut with the sizzlit Lots of Tags, a butterfly in Blushing Bride cut with the embosslit Beautiful Wings was added as well. This was popped up with Dimensionals.
- The image was layered onto Bravo Burgundy that was layered onto Very Vanilla that had the top and bottom side punched with the Pinking Hearts punch.This was then was added to the layered base.
- Card #2 The same images were stamped on Watercolor paper with Stazon, two were restamped on scraps of Watercolor paper. The rose is pretty in Pink- shading was Regal Rose. The Lily is Pink Pirouette with shading of Blushing Bride, stamens were colored Cherry Cobbler. The Daisy type flowers were colored with Cherry Cobbler shading was Bravo Burgundy. The rose and one daisy type flower were cut out and popped up with Dimensionals.
- The phrase is from All Holidays and was stamped in Rose Red.
- This card was finished the same as the first card.
- Card base is Pretty in Pink with a front of Basic Black CS with one side punched with the pinking hearts punch, layered with Glossy White paper that was stippled with Frost and Champagne Shimmer paint.
- The stamped P in P ribbon was taped down to the left side.
- Thanks for Caring was used the butterfly is Pink Pirouette with the phrase stamped over it with Stazon on Whisper White punched with the 1 3/4" circle layered onto a scallop circle of P in P.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
To do the Faux Leather you need to start with Fun Foam (go ahead and swipe a piece from the kids). Using the stamp of your choice ink if in Early Espresso Ink, leave it sitting on the ink pad while you heat the Fun Foam with you heat gun, heat it until it gets very soft and the edges start to curl up. Quickly stamp your inked image onto the Fun Foam pressing lightly (if you press to hard you will get the outline of your stamp imbedded as well, if that happens turn the Fun Foam over and heat and stamp again)
• The card base is Confetti White with a front of Early Espresso that was run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice folder
• The Faux Leather Wolf head was added to a 2 ½" circle of Confetti White and the phrase was stamped in Cherry Cobbler onto Confetti White,
• Linen thread was tied around the card base and feathers with retired SU beads threaded onto the ends, was tied to the thread.
• The Card Base is Confetti White with a front of Early Espresso
• A piece of Not Quite Navy with a Marina Mist Oval and a Modern Label was ran through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice folder
• The sail boat was layered onto the embedded oval and a piece of Bakers twine was tied around the card front.
• Happy Birthday was stamped in Early Espresso and stamped on Confetti White and punched with the Word Window
Give Faux Leather a try and leave a link in the comments so I can see what you came up with.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Here is the card recipe:
• The card base is Whisper White with a front of Night of Navy that I ran through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips folder.
• I stamped the phrase in Bashful Blue and then used the Night of Navy marker to color some of the words darker (the 2 blues are our school colors). On a piece of Whisper White that I cut to fit just inside the embossed area.
• The hat is a 1 ¼" square of Night of Navy with a standard hole punch for the button. I made a simple tassel with White crochet thread.
The card really was simple and fast.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Check out the new Summer mini on the right, so many new things for my wish list, I pre ordered a few things to share with my club tomorrow and will be putting in another order then, so if you want to order new goodies let me know.
With the summer mini Stampin' UP! has a special stamp set that a portion of the proceeds will be given for breast cancer research. Check out my previous post about the upcoming class promoting this stamp set.