Friday, March 11, 2011

Easter Blossoms


It has felt like Spring the last few days and while I have been inside working on classes and Scouts, I have made it outside to run errands and have enjoyed the warmth.  The tulips and daffodils are starting to poke through the ground and the crocus are in bloom.  Maybe I will find time this weekend. On to the card. . .
  • The card base is Whisper White, I stamped Happy Easter in Tempting Turquoise centered on the lower half of the card.
  • I stamped the egg three times once in Tempting Turquoise then Daffodil Delight and last Melon Mamba. I cut them each out and added dimensionals to the back.
  • I ran a rectangle of Whisper White through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots folder, I layered it onto a piece of Melon Mamba DSP and centered it above the greeting.
  • I added the cut out eggs to the panel on the card.
The card makes me feel like spring!

On another note, our Scout District had it annual Adult Leader Recognition Banquet and I was honored to receive the District Award of Merit.  The food wasn't the best but the program was pretty darn good. Getting everything ready for the event was stressful and a lot of work and it is a relief to have it done.  I do appreciate all the volunteers that give so much time to the youth of our area.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really cute Easter Card. I really like it!
    ~Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. I love the colors and those polka dots. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, you really made my day!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really nice card! Thanks for sharing! I am now following you from Utah.
    Stacie
    http://www.stampingwithstacie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete