Friday, October 8, 2010

Countryside

Yesterday was the first day for my new club, I think everyone had a great time. This is the card we made, after I get some pictures taken I'll post the other project we did as well.  I show cased markers, showing watercoloring with markers and coloring directly on stamps with markers. The card. . .
  • The card base is Very Vanilla with a front of Not Quite Navy.
  • I stamped the truck from Countryside with Stazon on Watercolor paper, we stamped the apple 3 times on scraps of Watercolor paper.
  • Using Markers and an Aqua Painter we colored the images. By coloring directly on the paper in the areas you want the darkest shadows to be you can use the Aqua painter to pull the colors to the other areas. Going back and adding more marker and pulling it until satisfied with the depth of color. I used Not Quite Navy for the truck, Maria Mist for the sky(lay some water down on the sky area first and then maker to get a light even wash), More Mustard and Soft Suede for the ground, Garden Green for the sign, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede for the apples and baskets.
  • I layered the image on Riding Hood Red CS, wrapped Linen Thread around one side and added a Jewelry Tag stamped with a phrase from Tiny tags in Riding Hood Red on Very Vanilla CS.
  • The 3 apples were colored with Riding Hood Red and Old Olive and then cut out. Using Glue dots I added them to the card front and then ran the card front through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Die, embedding the apple images into the card front. I then added the front to the card base.
  • Finished the card off by adding the image to the card and using Soft Suede to add the Pump image from the same set to the inside of the card.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Oh how I wish I could color like that! So pretty. I like everything about it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Following along from VA! :)

    ReplyDelete